Author: Tenacious Entertainment
Patch Notes July 20th, 2020
We’ve added tons of new combat, environment, and menu sound effects to Battleverse Champions!
Controls: Abilities now have aim assist! This aims the target indicator towards the opponent’s current position when quickly tapping a skill. This feature is on my default and can be toggled off in the options and settings menu.
Don’t be fooled, though! Remember that your opponent moves around, and skill will be the ultimate decider!
- Increased lighting in the Forge and Gym.
- Improved legibility of the Main Menu with lighting improvements.
- Damage Indicators: Increased the size of combat text by 50%.
- Combat Fly Text: Increased the size of the regular text by 88%, and damage over time text by 28%.
- Fly Text: Decreased the size of the combat Fly Text by 36% so that larger words are smaller and to avoid wrapping.
- Show Blocked fly text if rocket punch hits a guarded player and is cancelled.
- Fix to show Immune fly text.
- UI Buttons: Some UI buttons improved in preparation for new UI.
- Lowered default volume of the game’s background music.
- Android: Unnecessary permission request will no longer pop-up. We do not require or use access to your phone storage.
- Made the ground darker in the Gym.
- Dramatically improved networking and login, with more improvements to come.
- Updated error messages to improve troubleshooting and issue reporting.
- Decreased the rare ability unlock cost from 600 glory to 500 glory.
- Glory (Common): Increased the end of match reward for common tier glory from 10 glory to 20 glory.
- Glory (Rare): Increased the end of match reward for Rare tier glory from 30 glory to 50 glory.
- Glory (Epic): Increased the end of match reward for epic tier glory from 50 glory to 200 glory.
- Glory (Legendary): Increased the end of match reward for legendary tier glory from 200 glory to 800 glory.
- Updated rewards with new visual effects.
- Grappling Bolt: Decreased the damage from 20 to 16.
- Knockback Trap: Decreased the damage from 25 to 20.
- Displacement Shot: This ability’s projectile can no longer go through walls.
- Charged Shot: Decreased the damage from 20 to 18.
- Shrapnel Aura: Decreased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Junk Charge: Increased the distance traveled from 7.5 meters to 10 meters.
- Takedown: Updated the animation for this ability.
- Guard: Updated the visual effects color to better match his other abilities.
- Intoxicating Bolt:
- Decreased the speed at which the projectile travels by 52%.
- Decreased the direct damage from 3 to 2.
- Essence Drain:
- Fixed the description to state it does 1 bonus damage per every 2 stacks of toxin
- Decreased the number of hits from 5 to 4.
- Shield Bash: Increased the cooldown from 7 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Poison Nova: Adjusted the description to be a bit simpler. Removed the ‘from you’ as it was already implied.
- Blinding Dash: Decreased the damage from 20 to 15.
- Rupture: Decreased the damage per toxin from 10 to 7.
- Ability previews improved
- Ability Preview: Bud: Rupture: Adjusted the timing so rupture will go off sooner
- Ability Preview: Camera: Adjusted the player top camera min distance on the from 15 to 17.5 to zoom out the camera a bit more.
- Ability Previews: Hugo: Exhaust Trail: Updated this ability preview so it will not be looping.
- Ability Previews: Bud: Noxious Trail: Updated this ability preview so it will not be looping.
- Ability Previews: Nika: Portal Trap: Updated this ability preview so it will not be looping.
- Ability Previews: Nika: Tether Trap: Set this ability preview to no longer be looping.
- Target bots will no longer defeat champions in ability previews
- Added ‘Percent’ suffix to reward trophy multipliers.
- Health bar: Fixed the health bar positioning to keep it centered
- Issue fixed that would rarely lock players into VS screen when playing VS bots.
Let us know if you have any issues, need any assistance, or have any feedback!
See a bug? Report it in-game by tapping the “?” on the main menu! You can also let us know more by posting in Bugs: #bug-reporting.
Tenacious Entertainment announces Battleverse Champions!
We are pleased to announce Battleverse Champions, a new free-to-play 1v1 arena brawler coming soon to smartphones and tablets. Battle for fame and glory in intense head-to-head matches with fast-paced, hard-hitting action that rewards wits and skill for a truly satisfying competitive experience.
We made the Seattle list of 50 Startups to Watch in 2020!
Games just aren’t as good on mobile as they are on computers or consoles. Right? Tenacious Entertainment is out to disprove that assumption, and they have pulled in $3.3 million in funding to do so. The small gang of gamer developers is breaking the mold of pay-to-play models that dominate the mobile and tablet gaming sphere by aiming to create engaging, gorgeous games that are free to play and globally accessible. The company’s first launch is set for early this year. Game on.
Former ArenaNet game developers raise $3.3 million for Tenacious Entertainment
Mobile gaming studio Tenacious Entertainment, created by former ArenaNet developers, has raised $3.3 million.
The Bellevue, Washington-based studio was founded last year by CEO Roy Cronacher and other former ArenaNet developers. Their focus will be on creating a culture of creativity and collaboration, with an unnamed debut title slated for 2020.