Visiting our Apps or using our Services from outside the United States
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Apps, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you use our Services, obtain a subscription, complete a survey, register for the services on the Apps, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Apps and the Internet.
There are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an account on the Apps
- Registration for an event sponsored by Company
- Profile information that You provide for Your user profile or the user profile
- Identifying your location
- Uploading content to the Apps
- Participation in surveys or contests
- Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from Company
- Requests for customer service, support requests or other assistance
- Apps related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
- Communicating within the Apps
- Participation in communities, commenting on status updates and participation in other forums
- Participating in internal betas or playtests
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Apps that permits it
- Submitting any of the above information to our partners and allowing them to share that information with us.
- Any other place on the Apps where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the Apps, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Apps (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Apps. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Apps.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring addresses.
- Data about your account, game progress, player behavior and interactions with other players.
- Other information regarding your use of the Apps.
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We will collect and store information about your location on the Apps and associate these locations with your account on the Apps or enable through the Apps or your device. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request is deleted. We do collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Apps.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple Apps.
Third-party ad serving companies and other unaffiliated advertisers also display advertisements on our Apps. As part of their service, they may place a separate cookie on your computer or utilize other data collection and tracking technologies, to collect information such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server, and whether you responded to a particular advertisement. For a listing of the third party companies we may allow to place cookies to serve ads on the Apps, click here. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those third parties. Please visit the Apps of those businesses at the links above to review their privacy policies. We may add or change the list of third party ad servers from time to time and we encourage you to check this section for changes. You can learn more about about online advertising at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Apps or on other Apps, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Apps. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To upload your content to our Apps as you request
- To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content on our Apps
- To verify and complete purchases in our Apps
- Provide and deliver products, services, or prizes you request
- Enable features and services in our apps
- Enable players to communicate with each other in our apps
- Ensure a safe and inclusive environment for our players
- To facilitate your communication with other users of the App
- To authenticate your and your users and employees’ accounts
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Apps
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our Apps, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our Apps.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To automatically update the Apps on your device
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Apps
In many cases, we will also create a Tenacious-specific ID for you when you use the Service.
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
- Personalize content on our Apps, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- To facilitate live-time location and communication between users of the Apps
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Troubleshoot and fix locational based problems such as network issues
- Provide locational based content in our apps such as events
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Apps and their purchasing patterns
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our other business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Apps.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Apps; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Apps or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Apps or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Apps are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Company, its Clients, Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Site?
Changes to This Policy
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside The U.S.
If you use our Apps outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws.
Additional Information for Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing
As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Apps and Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the
Apps and Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint
Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. Upon the start of enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights once the GDPR becomes effective:
- The right to request data erasure – you have the right to have your data erased from our Apps if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing – you have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to object to automated decision making – you have a right to avoid being subject to automated decision making and insist on human intervention if we make an automated decision that produces a legal or a similarly significant effect on you.
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Apps, you can limit the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information. All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want Company to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Apps. However, doing so will restrict your ability to access some content and use some of the functionality of the Apps.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile through the Apps. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, surveys, and other information about your use of the Service. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Please note that while you may opt out of online behavioral advertising and other targeted advertising served by participating companies through Apps you may still see other types of advertising on the Apps, it just may not be as relevant or targeted to your interests.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If you have an account with Company, you may review and change your information by logging into your account and editing your profile. Be advised that we may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity and may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.